February 13, 2010

One year old today



I pulled out dessert stops for the birthday girl. We invited a few friends over to our place for chocolate chunk raspberry cake and ice cream. As planned, we stripped Tessa down to her skivvies so she could go as crazy as she wanted on her first whole piece of cake (which, mind you, was bigger than her mama's). I admit, I thought she would show a little more excitement at the sight of a fat load of chocolate than she did, but she was running on empty from lack of a nap. Still, she managed to gag it all down.


The light is bad in this next one, but it shows the goo of the cake. LOVE the goo.


Oops! Doesn't look like cake anymore...


Meh. Still edible. I used to think we were raising a bit of a foodie until I caught her one day, picking up milk curds she had regurgitated and shoving them back in her mouth. Maybe I shouldn't take her pleasure in my cake too much to heart...




I have to swipe Ted's camera so I can show the aftermath, but you get the general idea. Perhaps not piranhas on a whale carcass, but still frenzical enough for her parents' entertainment. Happy birthday, sweet puddin' pumpkin pie!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Awww, happy birthday to Tessa!!! Hahahaha, I love those first-birthday cake pics. Especially Tessa's, when she drops the cake down her front. Haha! (Honestly, I would have picked it back up and kept eating, too. Then when I finished, I probably would've tried to lick my own stomach. I've tasted your baked goods.)

Stacey said...

Happy Birthday, Tessa!

I love the first picture where she is just mesmerized by the amazing creation in front of her... Yeah, I agree with Jean that I would try to lick my stomach, too!

Kathleen said...

Cute patoot! I would have looked the same of someone had unleashed me next to a raspberry chunk (umm..yum) chocolate cake like that. You need to come to Texas for my birthday....

Kizzycakes said...

she is so darn cute! no wonder you are smitten by her. wish we coulda been there to celebrate. love ya!

Holly Syphus said...

Can I request that chocolate cake for MY birthday? *wiping drool from my mouth*

The Cooling Rack

Baked goods are only half the story...